Thursday, April 17, 2014

33 weeks -- moving right along & some awesome science news

I'll give all the credit for this 33-week-old pineapple-sized baby-to-be and its happy, healthy unswollen mama-to-be to the magic of low-dose aspirin. 

This article explains how low-dose aspirin helps prevent pre-eclampsia! I've been taking a low-dose aspirin since my last pregnancy in hopes of preventing pre-eclampsia from affecting me again. My doctors suggested it, saying it could help and I starting taking the tiny yellow pills daily just to feel like I was doing something. Now there's even more evidence that this is for real. 

Thanks aspirin!

33 weeks is feeling pretty good!

I worked all weekend -- busy but good work overall. We got snow on Monday while I was at work (ridiculous) and I braved the cold & ice (seriously) for a long morning walk with my friend MDS. We chatted and strolled and suddenly I'd walked more than 5 miles! (With lots of snacks at the new grocery store nearby and at Target when I finally headed home.) I took a terrific afternoon nap, walked some more to get a new cell phone and slept like a heap of bricks. 

Today we met Notorious MOM at Ikea for some baby-gear-buying. We actually have a crib and a dresser! They remain unassembled while we plot out how all this stuff will fit and how our plans might work. (And yes, I've been told by many wise people that making plans for babies is foolish. I get it. We're still going to make a place for the pineapple, even if it doesn't shake out the way we planned.)

I'm still doing well with weight gain and my blood pressure is rocking out at 100/60.

Pineapple is active these days -- B got to feel some movement this week which was pretty cool. I think Pineapple is totally confused about daytime & nighttime, probably because I've worked both days and nights since I've been pregnant. This is fine, I say, because Pineapple doesn't try to keep me up at night like a lot of pineapple-types do to other people. I will take any sleep as a treat!

Despite the snow there are some little bits of green popping up -- those awesome first flowers of spring. I'll take those little crocuses sneaking through the muckity-muck of winter as a happy sign that more good stuff is on the way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anybody who doesn't plan is a fool. Sure, you need to be flexible, but the framework has to be in place, otherwise it'll be even more crazytown when the pineapple is ripe!