Friday, May 2, 2014

34-35 weeks!

Whoa!

Short story: At 35 weeks along all is well.

Details: I'm being watched incredibly closely and doing a lot of watching myself to be sure this melon is cooking properly.

I do weekly Non-Stress Tests and appointments every two weeks with maternal fetal medicine doctors. I email the diabetes expert APN at my doctor's office every week so she can see data downloaded from my continuous glucose monitor. Everyday I make sure that the cantaloupe is active at least three times a day (thankfully this has been pretty easy since the cantaloupe is a busy melon!).

Each appointment has been uneventful in the best way possible. The doctors are pleased at my blood pressure (90/64), my weight gain (<15 and="" br="" how="" i="" look.="" nbsp="" pounds="">

This weekend we had our baby showers -- put on by moms and BFFs. I will write more, but everything was amazing and wonderful and we are so grateful for the fun parties, the celebration of the melon and the incredible bounty of baby gear bestowed upon us. There is a giant heap of tissue paper in our living room right now and a stack of tiny outfits that need to be sorted and many other teensy items that will soon go from being very cute to very important. 

Overall I'm feeling so much gratitude that we've made it this far, that we're so loved and we're (B, melon & me!) doing so well. I'll share more after I'm done with another stretch of work days.

No comments: