Sunday, April 6, 2014

31 weeks

Baby is the size of a coconut! This is the best one for conversation yet! 

"How's coconut?" 

"This wild coconut loves to move around after I eat dinner."

"This coconut demands a cookie." (Possibly someone else was demanding a cookie, but letting the coconut take the fall.)

Weight gain is still fantastic -- hovering around 11-12 pounds total, which is idea. But definitely feeling bigger in the belly. 

I did three nightshifts in a row (hopefully the last nightshifts until the coconut arrives...) and those were actually just fine. I'm short of breath sometimes, which is completely normal as the coconut is giving my lungs & diaphragm less room. Usually changing my positions helps with this. All the discomforts of pregnancy thus far seem to respond well to keeping hydrated, moving a lot, changing positions and getting the rest I need. Not too shabby! 

We have registered! We have plans for getting all the stuff we need for the coconut's room even though it seems very strange that someone new and little is going to live here. We're also making plans for new cell phones and a new (used) car pretty soon. Phew!

My only big craving is related to the lovely springy beers hitting the shelves that I cannot have. Soon enough! 

Tomorrow is 32 weeks (holy crap!) and a new fruit or vegetable. Hoping to get a photo of this bump soon.

No comments: