Sunday, March 9, 2014

27 weeks

So lots of bloggers do these weekly pregnancy updates. I don't want to chronicle every detail of this but I do want to keep track of this crazy-amazing time. Here goes:

27 weeks along.

Size: Cauliflower!

Weight gained: About 11 pounds. Feeling big in the belly.

Maternity clothes? Yes to jeans, but otherwise in regular clothes. Scrubs, yoga pants and long-underwear leggings are still fitting just fine. I'm being more selective with tops, but really everything is still fitting nicely. Totally realizing this is short-lived -- I wore my St. Patrick's Day work t-shirt once this month because I love it and don't think it will be in the rotation much longer. Next year, green t-shirt!

Looking pregnant to strangers? Maybe? Yes? People at work have been kind enough to ask "Do you have any kids?" instead of "Are you pregnant?" for the most part. Winter gear is still keeping things under wraps mostly. I'm both excited and freaked out for springtime when I will be loud, proud and very pregnant. Thankfully, I just look tubby to a lot of people so I don't have to talk about baby stuff to everyone I meet. Yet. 

Sleep: Good! I get up to pee a lot, but that's OK. I'm reading a great book right now so that helps my sleep. I also enjoy frequent naps on the couch.

Best moments this week: Telling more people -- especially a bunch of RN friends at my 1-year work anniversary class. Also a great prenatal yoga class -- stretching + clearing my mind = exactly what I need.

Cravings: peanut butter and milk. 

Movement: Here and there! It's pretty cool. I don't know if it's hiccups or flips or kicks or punches or what, but it's neat to feel this cauliflower move. 

What's next? A few days off in a row for some shopping and spring cleaning! Starting to plan a registry and what exactly the baby's room might look like. Also, we have an ultrasound & doctor visit on Friday.

No comments: