Monday, March 3, 2014

So..... here we are. (And why I was hiding out.)

27 weeks pregnant!

Yup. Due June 4 (but will deliver at 39 weeks, so technically May 28?!?).

Feeling mostly great!

We got through the scary weeks where we worried about early-onset pre-eclampsia coming back. We went to weekly doctor appointments for about a month. We survived an incredibly gross stomach bug that attacked our home a few weeks ago. 

I'm feeling pretty great. I make sure to drink lots of water at work and keep snacks close by during my 12-hour shifts. Work has been pretty busy lately but that hasn't run me down too much, possibly because I have the best job ever. 

It helps that I have about four days off each week, so I can put my feet up. It really helps that I have an awesome husband who has been making lots of nutritious & delicious meals, worked from home pretty frequently so we get to hang out and stood in as my nurse when I was sick (which was pretty horrible). 

And now we're almost floating through the end of this second trimester. It seems pretty real -- more real each day. It seems like we're going to meet this little cauliflower-sized person. And I think that the cauliflower-sized person is going to be pretty awesome. 

No comments: