Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wow.

One week ago I was just coming home from my nursing boards exam, feeling hopeful and very uncertain.

This has been an amazing week. 

Last Monday I checked my boards exam results and saw the four wonderful letters: PASS. I passed! There are no scores on nursing boards -- in fact, the test is designed to stop when you demonstrate that you can answer several questions at "passing level" in a row. On Valentine's Day I also received official results in the mail -- PASS!

That's not all -- that day in the midst of doing laundry and putting together care packages for two faraway best friends -- I got a phone call. It was my dream hospital. Offering me my dream job.

I start March 4 as part of a team of nurses who travel all through the hospital helping where help is needed. 

We rounded off the week with a lunch with school amigas, lots of time with B, walks, shopping, a family party, and a visit to my parent's house. Delightful.

I'm very happy to have this break (though it's honestly strange to have all this free time) and I'm absolutely over the moon that all this work turned into these crazy-awesome accomplishments. Yay!

Cheers to all this!

No comments: