Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Spooky!

Boo! 

We enjoyed our annual Halloween walk-around-the-neighborhood. As usual, we discovered things we didn't know about -- there's a maze that's so amazing there were signs for "Return of the Maze" just one block west of us. It looked like spectacular fun, especially if you are not very tall. Lots of blocks stop traffic so that kids and families can roam freely. Lots of people work hard on spooky yards. Halloween is the best.

Julie is a-ok on the East Coast! She's dealing with the perils of living on the first floor, some wet stuff and an apartment building basement that appears to be perpetually full of water. But, she's safe, busy (as a newswoman), clean and dry. Hooray!

There was a rotten pumpkin discovered in our pantry today. Gross. But that doesn't make me less excited about squash soup. I'm seriously considering making some pumpkin-y muffins tomorrow from some canned pumpkin we've got. Maybe I can whip up some pumpkin spice latte mix too. Yum!

I keep riding my bike to school thinking "maybe this is my last ride to school before it's too cold!" but I'm still at it. I layered up today and wore a hat under my helmet. It was a lovely ride and I'm hoping to keep it up as long as I can.

Now it's time for me to enjoy the last spooky hours of October and get ready for November. Just a month and a half until I'm done with nursing school. Whoa.


This photo is from Halloween 2005 when I lived in DC with Julie! I was Minnie Mouse which is (somehow) a very popular costume this year! I'm a trendsetter. Or something. I do not have that jean jacket anymore -- I got a new one. 

No comments: