Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer success

Hooray!


Almost every day this summer semester is ridiculous. But today I feel at least that it's awesome and achievable, not just insane. Here is why:

  • I've biked to class a lot! Even today -- a hot and windy day. Highlights of today's bike ride to school include riding behind a garbage truck, riding over speed bumps faster than a few cars and being told by a guy in a car "Everyone should ride bikes!" in a friendly fashion. I even visited the gym at school this morning for workout and shower. Lovely!
  • No matter how difficult OB is for me, I can proudly say that I'm rocking out at Pediatrics. Some day I'll just shrug about OB, but Peds might be the thing for me. So I'll take it! I just got word that for exam #1 I earned a 98 percent. Whoa!
  • B and I are on a roll in the kitchen. I will take most of the credit for some seriously delicious dinners whipped up lately and some excellent lunches. 
  • We went to a lovely wedding last weekend -- we stayed over at the hotel which was super fun (with free breakfast -- amazing!), got to get all dolled up and danced the night away. 
  • Our air conditioner is fixed (after being kinda weak lately -- it is working hard and keeping this place cool. 
  • Lots of exciting stuff coming up these next few weeks, on top of school. Friends visiting, camping trips, a half-marathon, my birthday, a bike trip, and lots more. Summer is always so fun, this year I just have to shove some studying in between all the sunshine and cold beers.
A terrible shot for showing off our awesome outfits, but B was sporting his purple tie - love. And I got to wear a favorite black dress that looks dressy but is super comfortable, heels and oodles of pink beads. Oh-la-la!

No comments: