Thursday, June 7, 2012

Learning!

It's pretty exciting to see patients 3 days a week -- and even more exciting to see explore the interesting fields of mental health, obstetrics and pediatrics.


Of course, peds is my very favorite. Even with really sick kids. 


Mental health is intriguing. Even if only because of the VA hospital crowd, or the moments of meditation during trauma group therapy, or the incredible work of treating addiction or hearing amazing nurses respectfully ask patients about their cocaine use. 


OB is pretty calm so far. I saw a circumcision! And I've taken a blood glucose reading from a baby (you take blood from their heals and they do not like it). I seen a lot of breastfeeding assistance too. OB is pretty awkward -- if you're not walking in on someone topless, you're walking in on someone sleeping! 


Lastly pediatrics is just terrific. I've been loving the interactions with children and their families. Today was awesome -- I got to learn a lot from my patient, actually.


Tomorrow is class day. This summer is zooming by!

No comments: