Sunday, April 3, 2016

Spring.

Zoom, zoom, zoom!

That's part of a song the B sings to D when I'm on my way home. When the weather is even slightly nice they'll come out on the porch and wait for me -- B with his coffee, hoody and pajamas on, D in pajamas usually attempting to explore something. It's such a sweet sight at a strange time when my day is ending and everyone else's is starting.

Spring is here! Or at least it was today!

I worked last night -- the hospital is offering some crazy extra money for nursing help, so I picked up some hours with extra pay + extra pay + overtime. I got home quickly and was asleep before D & B started breakfast. I slept while they played, cleaned and did regular weekend stuff. We all slept while D slept, then all woke up when she stirred from her nap. Our sleep schedule is weird.

We set off on a walk -- running into neighbors on the swings on our way. We stopped at a busy little park then reached our destination: Lady Gregory's!

Lady Gregory's is a delightful pub with good food and outdoor seating and excellent service. D loves the sweet potato fries (#1 way to enjoy beer gardens with toddlers). We love just about everything there. D walked much of the way home and when we got home a couple neighbor kids were outside with squirt guns, a tricycle with a back seat, chalk and balls, so D happily chased them around.

I'm off until Tuesday night. Tomorrow D & I will find some adventure somehow -- even if it's snowing. We have visitors here this coming weekend and can't wait for more spring.

No comments: