Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Currently!

This is a blog thing that I wanted to try out, just to provide an update, get on this blogging thing and take a little snapshot of this batty life right now.

Time and place: 11PM at home.

Cooking: Black bean soup, pumpkin muffins, pita pizzas, grilled pita bread, tomato red pepper soup, pasta, cereal....

Awaiting: Some packages from Amazon including Playdoh tools for Daily, a puzzle for puzzle-whiz Daily, accessories for my new cell phone (!), some lavender essential oil to help me relax after night shift (I sleep in a bright, bright room, which I love, but it's hard to settle down) and other junk.

Experiencing: a toddler! She's chatty and adventurous and smart and funny. Daily is terrific! She is a ton of fun these days. She loves the tub, exploring, songs, eating (except for today - she ate cheerios mostly) and stories. She loves stories so much. Her dad and I pretty much turn into goo when she brings a book to us and asks us to read it. It's wonderful.

Working on: My Advance file for work -- it's a program my work has for nurses to demonstrate their expertise and get a nice bonus check. I'm excited to work on it and have a few cool projects to do in the next few months. I am also a major work nerd. I love being a nurse.

Reading: Notorious RGB: The Life & Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg -- a completely amazing story of a completely amazing woman! Just finished it!

Listening: Podcasts! I'm nutty about podcasts -- I love Planet Money and Serial! Planet Money is quick and not-too-heavy, so I go pretty crazy for that. Who knew the fed could be so cool? I learned about the history and math of lotteries! I listen on my way to and from work. It's pretty fun! And also, Adele is amazing.

Craving: Soup!

Hating: The bright, blinding sunshine of mid-winter. It highlights all the dustbunnies, dried up spots of salty snow and random mess. As a night-shift-er I prefer clouds. Especially when my window are shut. Also, I think we need to clean our windows. Hrmph.

Loving: Any bearable moment outside, reading stories with Daily, cooking and my new planner.

Anticipating: A new cell phone that connects with my continuous glucose monitor! One less thing to carry! Our first spring in the new house, a maybe-deck-redo, flowers, grass, flowers and more flowers.

Watching: The Intern -- it's a hoot! We are finishing it tomorrow. Yay!

Happy! On the deck of Aunt Jules' place in LA. 

No comments: