Saturday, September 1, 2012

A new bag!

I've been carrying (mostly) the same bags: a black satchel we got at a surf shop in Pismo Beach on our honeymoon, a LeSportSac I got at a garage sale, various cloth bags intended for groceries, and a Nike backpack the my mom got for free from her work. I alternated these bags pretty much all the time. While these bags all have their place -- backpacks are for school, grocery sacks are great for the grocery and shoulder bags are perfect for hopping around town -- I needed something new.

Over my break I got a new bag -- a tote -- which I'd been eyeing for awhile. It's kinda dorky, kinda large and totally has my initials on it. It's from Lands End and has awesome compartments.


Here you can see that it stands up! And has a sweet front pocket, which is where I keep my Continuous Glucose Monitor (called "the buddy" by B) and my iPhone. In case you wish to steal this bag you can see that it does not belong to you -- it is ABC's bag only. 


Best of all -- plenty of pockets inside! And a hook for my keys. Space for my glasses, my water bottle (which won't get other stuff wet since the bag is pretty tough canvas), a sweater, pens, etc... I tend to carry a lot of stuff -- my mom can leave the house with just her keys, tiny wallet in her pocket and cell phone clipped to her belt. I carry diabetes supplies, a water bottle, a cell phone, lip gloss, keys, a maybe-too-big wallet, sunglasses, seeing-glasses, pens, schoolwork, and all sorts of other crap. It can get a little out of hand. 

This tote fits in my bike basket or on my shoulder with ease. It can hold a ton of produce, school books or a cat (Mr. Meowgi does not approve).

No comments: