Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mandasaurus Mom - the coolest!


My mom who is smart, silly, the best sale shopper ever, loving, supportive, funny and daring.

My mom's shopping prowess is rivaled only by professionals. She finds obscure treasures at garage sales, digs through clearance bins when she's in the mood and embraces the Senior Discount Days at Bergner's.

"I get an extra 20 percent off, but sometimes I have to show ID," she said.

She and my dad invited a Rockford Riverhawks baseball player to live with them for spring training!

"He's really nice and he's cute," my mom said. Bravo!

My mom is a modern thinker. She and my dad completely embraced my best friend and my boyfriend as members of our family. She's a planner who can totally do things on a whim. She likes cheap pedicures and beautiful jewelery. She's a wonderful cook but dismisses the idea of rigid recipes.

"Just cook it until it looks good," is a typical direction. Or "make cookies whatever size you want."

I'm proud to be very much my mother's daughter. I'm thrifty, clever, a decent cook (but not anywhere near as good as my mom), happy to enjoy cheap wine, a fan of tailgating, creative, occasionally crafty, and nurturing. Thanks M.O.M.!

Cheers and a big Mandasaurus roar for wonderful moms!

No comments: