Monday, October 31, 2016

Currently...

Time and Place: Halloween afternoon - Daily is relaxing/watching a show, Franklin is napping, B is at work. 

Wearing: Lots of yoga pants, t-shirts, nursing tank tops. Usually topped off with a jean jacket and cozy scarf. 

Devoted to: breastfeeding! Like Daily, Franklin wasn't a great nurser at first so I pumped a lot (like, too much) and we worked together on it. He's a champ now! I will say that breastfeeding the second time is way easier -- I was confident and patient with Franklin and myself. And, I already have at least some tricks for when I'm breastfeeding on the go.

Snacking: ALL THE TIME. Breastfeeding makes me hungry. But it's a great thing to do. 

Working on: Being hydrated. Completing some organizing/cleaning projects. 

Listening to: NPR Politics Podcast

Watching: Cubs baseball! And election coverage. #Imwithher GO CUBS!

Cooking: On a schedule! We made a meal plan for this week and we're actually sticking to it. Last night we had chicken soup with dumplings and tonight is some Halloween mish-mash hopefully containing fruit and vegetables.

Experiencing: New baby / toddler life. As expected this is challenging and strange. Daily is frustrated that Franklin is getting lots of attention, but she's dealing. She was a pretty crabby beast for a few weeks, but recently returned to being a happy, silly, adaptable toddler. Welcome back, D! 

Reading: For myself, Karin Slaughter's creepy-creepster books! They're phenomenally scary with strong female leads. The books all take place in Atlanta so if I ever go there I'll be completely terrified of probably-normal things like Peachtree Street. Yikes!

Toddler reading: Little Witch books -- these early-reader books were favorites of mine when I was 6-8 years old (?). My heroic parents dug them out of their basement for Daily and she is LOVING them. She loves Little Witch's bat Scrubby and pretending to fly on her own broomstick. 

Excited for: Halloween tonight! Daily is excited for trick-or-treating -- she's also a little shy when she first sees people so I'm not sure she's going to actually SAY "trick or treat" this year. Fingers crossed. 

No comments: