In the midst of our zany lives -- school, family events, seeing friends, training for my runs, studying for tests, extra school obligations, B's work, and feeding ourselves -- we often put things off. But this weekend B and I are accomplished as can be. Here is a run down of the things we are happy to check off our lists:
- Re-potting, trimming and prettying up all our houseplants. My parents send us home with more houseplants almost every time we visit and they need a bit of attention each spring so they can look their best. B cleans them up, re-pots the huge ones, pulls out the ugly bits and gives our plants fresh soil each spring.
- A new ring for me! My original, beautiful wedding ring is lost for now -- and I need to wear something simple since I wear gloves and wash my hands a lot. We stopped by Tiffany and bought a really gorgeous, affordable and easy-to-wear ring. I love it!
- Used an about-to-expire coupon at The Body Shop.
- New insulin pod and continuous glucose monitor for me and the beloved shower-with-nothing-attached to me shower.
- Saw a group of friends last night and an out-of-town friend on Friday -- and ate some good eats with those awesome people.
- Visited the Lurie Garden at Millennium Park. Beautiful spring flowers! It's always fun to go downtown with B because he spends about half the time praising Mayor Daley.
- Organized the kitchen cabinets so things are more sensible.
- Took a 4 mile run at Winnemac Park - our neighborhood park - one of the best parks in the city, I say.
Off to enjoy this breezy day before it gets rainy!
Here are some tulips at Milennium Park. Downtown is crazy about tulips -- beautiful!